What is ServiceNow ITOM?
The ServiceNow ITOM platform enhances cloud use and decreases the costs of an organization. It also helps to manage infrastructure and service availability. ITOM collects and translates telemetry information across all your IT assets in a single recording system. The data is included in IT infrastructure, cloud and complex container-based resources, logs, metrics, and events. ITOM contributes to increasing IT productivity, automated service improvement, lower failures, and reduced development costs.
ITOM helps to take charge of the organization’s infrastructure and services from one source. It also improves the service quality, strengthens change processes, optimizing infrastructure cost, minimizing software compliance issues, and reduces risks. By using ITOM services, the cloud strategy is accelerated and solves service issues effectively.
Applications and Features of ServiceNow ITOM
Discovery, service mapping, inventory and management certificate, service graph connectors, multi-source CMDB, and firewall audits and reporting are all part of the ServiceNow ITOM Visibility product. Discovery and service mapping gives a unified view of the IT network as a whole and the services it supports.
There are two types of discovery, such as horizontal discovery and top-down discovery. Horizontal discovery is a technique that it uses to scan a network, find devices or computers, and then populate the CMDB with CI and it helps to create direction relationship between CIs that it runs on. The Top-down discovery is a technique that uses service mapping to find and map CIs that are part of business services.
The types of horizontal discovery are network discovery, CI discovery, cloud discovery, and serverless discovery. Horizontal discovery phases are scanning, classification, identification, and exploration.
Service Mapping enables IT departments of businesses, organizations, and cloud providers to offer a platform as a service to create a service-aware view of infrastructure. Service Mapping can use a variety of methods to create application services. The primary method of discovering and mapping devices and applications in Service Mapping is through the use of patterns. A pattern is a set of operations that detects attributes of devices and applications as well as their outbound connections.
Stages of Service Mapping:
- To set up Service Mapping, the administrator must conduct certain fundamental setups.
- The administrator creates a bulk map of the organization’s business services.
- the administrator can map individual application services.
- The administrator goes over the initial mapping results and corrects any errors in individual business services.
- Fixed business services are sent to the business service owner for review by the administrator.
- The application service owner ensures the completion of the application service maps and the correct representation of all major components.
- The administrator finishes the service maps of the business service with the owner’s feedback and then sends it back to the owner for review.
- The applications service owner shall approve them if the revised application service maps are satisfactory. If not, the owners request additional fixes to be addressed by the administrator.
- The application service owner authorizes the new application service maps if they are satisfactory. If not, the owners request additional fixes to be addressed by the administrator.
- The Service Mapping user can access business service maps after the application service definition is complete.
The ServiceNow ITOM Health product includes the Event Management and Operational Intelligence applications, which work together to track and maintain the health of the organization’s services.
Features of ITOM Health:
Event Management: Event Management creates dashboards that display a consolidated view of all service-impacting events. Event Management maps alert to configuration items using IT-related information gathered by Discovery.
Intelligence Operation: To proactively analyze the IT infrastructures and prevent service outages by using the Operational Intelligence. The application automatically determines dynamic thresholds and identifies anomalies that indicate potential service failures by using advanced machete learning to analyze information on the IT infrastructure.
ITOM Optimization provides tools for delivering private and public cloud infrastructure and services and ensures consistent cost visibility and management. The ServiceNow ITOM Optimization product has two components: Cloud provisioning and governance, which spare tools for providing public and private cloud infrastructure, services, and cost visibility. It also helps to analyze the full range of costs associated with cloud assets to identify and take action on savings and optimization options.
ITOM optimization features: It offers an integrated, service-centered approach, maximizing the quality of the business service, driving efficient processes, and robust governance. The Cloud Provisioning and Governance feature provides the tools that need to enhance private and public cloud infrastructure and services while also achieving consistent management and cost visibility.
Management of Customer Service
ITOM Visibility provides an efficient diagnosis and resolution of IT infrastructure issues with near real-time data.
Management of software assets
To track the configurations impacting the consumption of software licenses in the IT environments and data center by the use of software asset management to understand the IT environment’s software. It is operated in cooperation with CMDB supported by ITOM Visibility.
Management of IT services
Confident in ITOM Visibility’s IT infrastructure for managing and delivering services to the users. The ITOM Visibility Service Maps for changes and incidents generated and managed by IT Service Manager apps. To obtain an understanding of the applications used in the organization the use of ITOM Visibility-collected data helps in the management of IT services.
Applications and Features of ServiceNow ITOM
- IT productivity growth.
- Resolution of quick support.
- Implementing fully automated services.
- Lower risk of outages.
- Lower costs for development.